Sky Never Miss is a convenient and excellent feature that gives you a memorable and enjoyable TV experience. It is one of the innovative trademarks introduced by Sky TV to serve their 12.5 million subscribers better. But what is Never Miss on Sky TV?
You can enjoy various series, channels, and movies from TV’s show catalogue at an affordable deal.
However, with the countless choices, is it possible to keep track of all your favourite programmes, especially when you are at work
Do not worry because you are in luck!
With Sky Never Miss, you get to keep track of all your favourite shows wherever you are.
Here, we will discuss all the necessary information you would need to make your Sky TV subscription more meaningful.
What Is Sky Never Miss?
Never Miss is Sky TV’s innovative online reminder service launched in the late 2000s. Given by its name, this feature allows Sky subscribers not to miss their favourite TV programs ever again.
You can get this online reminder service on your Sky+ box and Sky TV mobile apps for free.
“It is undoubtedly a match made in heaven for people who are always busy at work”.
Its registered users have access to a collection containing 34,000 movies and 500 TV series, dramas, entertainment, and documentaries, with more continuously being added over time.
Because of this, you would not have to rely on electronic programme guides and printed listings on magazines to know when your favourite shows are on television.
The Never Miss feature lets both Sky and non-Sky customers to self-select and track movies or TV series on their personalised notification list months ahead of its regular release date.
When their favourite program is available, they will receive an email reminder containing broadcast details of the show’s first transmission date.
However, to maximise these features, you must permit Sky to capture your email data and information about your viewing habits.
How Do I Set Up Sky Never Miss?
If this online reminder service sounds pleasing to you, then you must be asking yourself, “How do I set up Sky Never Miss?“
Fortunately, Sky TV has made this feature easily accessible to anyone in the United Kingdom. Believe it or not, even non-Sky customers can sign up and get notified about their favourite programmes.
Setting up your Never Miss account is as easy as pie and can be done in no time.
To get a personalised online reminder of your favourite shows, you can follow these easy steps below:
- Visit the Never Miss website.
- Click the “Sign Up” button and enter all the required personal information.
- Wait for a confirmation from the Sky Customer Service team.
How To Use Sky Never Miss
After you have registered, you can now log in to your Never Miss profile. To access this online reminder service, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Never Miss website and click the “Sign In” button.
- Log in to your profile using your registered username and password. If you have trouble logging in to your account, you may reach the Sky Customer Service team by calling or sending a mail to them.
- Upon successful sign-in, the official Never Miss login screen will appear on your browser.
Once you have access to your profile, you will see a pretty simple web interface, where you can effortlessly manage all your favourite shows. Let us now learn how to access this feature step-by-step.
Steps for you to access this feature
1. Upon sign-in, you will see two different search bars on their website – the “Sky Never Miss TV Series” and “Movies”.
2. Toggle on to your preferred search bar and browse for your favourite programme. To make your browsing experience more manageable, you can try any of the following options:
- Browse for your preferred show using keywords or by “genre” or “title”.
- Sort your results alphabetically, by viewer popularity, release date, or age certificate.
3. When a particular programme catches your eye, you can add it to your personalised notification list by hitting the “Never Miss button.
4. Sky will then watch the TV listings for all the shows on your notification list.
5. Once their broadcast details are available, Never Miss will send you an email with all the necessary information about your chosen programme. They will also send you a link to Remote Record the show on your Sky+ or Sky+ HD boxes.
If you do not know what shows to put on your profile, then you can browse through the most requested movie and series titles on their website. You can also view a list of the must-see TV series across the country.
Aside from sending constant emails about your favourite shows, Never Miss also allows its Sky+ and Sky+ HD users to schedule recordings of these programmes on their computer screens.
You also do not have to stress about managing all the movie or series titles on your profile. With just one click, you can effortlessly add or remove them from your notification list.
Fix Sky Never Miss Not Working
Despite giving its users the flexibility to enjoy their favourite shows, some subscribers have reported several Sky Never Miss not working issues.
Below are common problems that many users have encountered and some troubleshooting techniques you can try out:
1. Web-Page Redirecting When Pressing the Record Button
If you are having a difficult time recording your shows, then you can follow any of the troubleshooting methods below:
- Logout of the app and wait for a few minutes. After a while, sign back in.
- Ensure that your device has the latest OS update.
If the problem persists, then you might have to set up your recordings manually. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press the [SET UP] button on your remote and select “Recording” on the settings menu.
- Go to the channel you want to record and choose the day of recording.
- Once selected, set the recording start time and end time then save your new settings.
When manually setting up your recordings, make sure you have enough space on your Sky box hard disk.
2. TV Series Search Bar Not Working
If you are experiencing issues with your search bar and is not working, then you can follow any of the troubleshooting methods below:
- Disable add-ons on your browser.
- Use a different browser when accessing the Never Miss website.
- Log into your Sky app and reset some of your choices.
3. Incorrect Region When Checking the TV Guide
If you are having a challenging time recording your shows, then you might need to clear your web browser cookies.
- Go to Settings present on browser top right.
- Find out “Privacy and Security” option
- Clear you web browsing history and cookies.
4. Trouble Signing In
If you cannot sign into your account, then you can follow any of the troubleshooting methods below:
- Clear your web cache and try signing in again.
- Use a different browser when accessing the Never Miss website.
If these troubleshooting methods do not fix your problem, then you may need to contact their Sky Customer Service hotline. You may reach them at 0800 151 2747 or 0344 241 1653 from Mondays to Sundays within 8:30 AM to 11:30 PM.
Sky Never Miss is an excellent online service reminder that allows its users to keep track of their favourite shows online. With it, you do not have to worry about missing any of your programmes ever again!
The Company has paused this service as of now. We will keep you updated when they resume the service or come up with alternatives.
– Xtrium Team
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.