If you happen to come up against the Sky Go error code 200 and you’re unsure of the best ways to fix it, don’t worry, you’re not alone!
In fact, many folks are constantly on the lookout for the solution to this particular problem!
To resolve Sky Go error code 200, power cycle your modem/gateway or router, disable and re-enable WiFi on your device, and verify that the date and time on your device are correct.
Before we get into that a little bit deeper, do you know what’s causing this problem in the first place?
Not a lot of people understand this, but when you read the entire prompt, the error has a description.
The description is “Unable to load configuration. Please ensure your device has an active network connection and try again.”
This simply means that Sky Go isn’t properly functioning. Some of the most common reasons why this error is appearing include:
- It’s not connected to a stable internet network
- There are corrupt files in the %LocalAppData% folder
- Connectivity (hardware) problems
- Incorrect date and time set on the device
Now that we know its usual causes, it’s now time to learn and get to know the fix for it!
In this guide, we will guide you in fixing this problem completely! We’ll walk you through the detailed steps of this tutorial, so you don’t need any other guide for information!
Since one of its causes is an unstable internet connection, the first thing you want to do is to reboot or power cycle your gateway/modem or your hub/router.
The solution could be a simple network reboot/refresh.
So, follow these steps to successfully perform a restart or a power cycle:
- Go to your modem or router.
- Then, unplug it from power (either from the mains or the power cable at the back).
- Leave it unplugged and without power for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Plug it to power and turn it on again.
NOTE: It is imperative to note that you need to wait for the device to reinitialize before trying again. It can take anywhere between three (3) to five (5) minutes for the device to regain stability.
When you’re done with the internet, what you want to check and toggle next is your device’s connectivity.
Whether you’re using a laptop, a smartphone, a smart TV, or a desktop PC, you want to toggle (disable and reenable) the WiFI.
NOTE: The process of doing so will vary from one device to another.
To give you a standard guideline, which will be common across all devices, here’s how it’s done:
- On your device, go to Settings/Control Panel.
- Then, select the option that pertains to Network/Connectivity/WiFi.
- After that, choose the WiFI Network you’re connected to.
- Click on More and Forget the WiFi.
- After that, click on that same Wi-Fi network, enter the password, and connect.
Most, if not all online programs wouldn’t function properly if the date & time on the device is misaligned.
So, what you want to do is to set the date & time of your device to the correct one manually.
Depending on the device you’re using, the procedure will be different. But, changing it is rather simple compared to what most people think of it.
On your laptop or PC, you can change the date & time easily.
- Locate where you see the “clock” or the time on your device.
- Right-click it and select adjust date & time.
- Then, turn on or activate Set Time Automatically, Set Time Zone Automatically.
- Apply the Changes and hit Save.
Whether you’re using an Android phone or an iPhone, here’s how you can change the date & time on your smartphone/tablet.
- Go to Settings > General/General Management.
- From there, go to Date & Time.
- Then, click Set Automatically/Set Data & Time Automatically.
- Apply and save the changes.
Here’s the procedure for changing the date & time on your Android TV.
- Press [HOME] on your clicker.
- Then, hit Settings > Options.
- After that, choose Device Preferences > Date & Time.
- Turn it off, and then manually set the date & time on your device.
- Lastly, toggle the Automatic Date & Time option and hit Save.
For the next step, what you want to do is to uninstall Sky Go from your device. Simply go to All Apps on your device, and uninstall Sky Go from it manually.
After that, empty the trash bin/recycle bin. What this procedure does is remove all traces of content of the app on your device. But this does not end here, though…
Once you’ve deleted Sky Go from the trash or the bin, you’ll then need to delete all related data/content that’s part of Sky Go.
We’ll teach both processes for Windows and Mac respectively, so don’t worry.
- Open Windows File Explorer.
- Then, navigate to AppData > LocalLow.
- From there, delete Sky and Sky Go Folders.
- Ensure that all Sky-related contents and folders are removed.
- Launch and access Finder.
- From there, delete SkyGoInstaller.
- Then, access Finder > Go > Macintosh HD.
- Navigate to Users > Applications, and then delete Sky Go.
- Open Library > Go and then search for the Sky Go folder.
- Delete and erase all Sky Go files (referencing Cisco player).
Once done, shut down or turn off your device for about five (5) minutes before you proceed to the next and final step, which is…
For the concluding step, you would have to reinstall Sky Go on your device.
To do this, simply open a browser and go to Sky’s website. Go to Downloads and then select the Sky Go app.
The download can take 3 to 5 minutes, and after that, run the program and open it on your device.
NOTE: Before reinstalling, make sure to restart/power cycle the device first.
Once you’re finished with the process, you can expect the error code 200 gone! Regardless of the device you’re using, you should have a smooth and seamless experience with Sky Go!
If you were able to follow the steps we provided above and you’re still getting the same issue, the next best thing to do is contact Sky about it.
They’re experts and professionals so you can place your complete trust in them in fixing the error you’re seeing!
Let them know of the troubleshooting steps you’ve done. This is for them not to let you repeat the steps you’ve already accomplished.
Read Next: How To Fix Sky Go App Not Working?
Many people just like you are on the run in finding the perfect Sky Go error code 200 solution.
If you’re getting the Sky Go error code 200, reboot and refresh your internet connection and make sure that both date and time are in sync. Then, lastly, remove Sky Go from your device completely and reinstall it.
Even if your technical background isn’t that advanced, you’ll definitely find our guide simple and easy to understand!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.