Sky email settings can sometimes confuse you right? If you want to get to know a lot more of your Sky email settings, then fret not because we’ve got you covered!
Setting up the mail you have from them depends on the device you are using. It may seem to be confusing at first, but you can do this by following our easy step-by-step guide!
Make sure that you update the corresponding application when accessing Sky email settings for outlook or apple mail.
This will provide you a better overall experience with a better added security features and a greater serviceability.
Sky Email Settings for Outlook – Smartphone
Whether you are an android or IOS user, you can download the application on your mobile by doing the following steps:
- Go to the App Store or Google Play Store
- Search for the Outlook on the search bar
- Press Download and wait for the installation to finish
If this is your first time accessing Sky Mail on your Outlook application then you will be tasked on setting up your Mail account via the application.
Ensure that you have done the following steps:
- Enter your credentials
- Press Add Account or Get Started
If you have an email previously logged in from this application, then you may log in your account via the following:
- Press Menu then tap Settings
- Under that option, press Add Account then Add Email Account
- Enter your Mail credentials and follow the guide for signing in
Sky Email Settings for Outlook – PC
The process is different when you are accessing your Sky Mail on your Outlook application on your laptop or PC.
But don’t worry because we will make sure that you will be able to do your correspondence using your mail on Outlook at the end of this guide.
- Open Outlook on your PC or Laptop
- Click File tab on the upper left corner of the screen
- After this, click the category Info and press Account Settings
- Press New
- Click Next by switching on Server Options
- Make sure that you choose Internet Email Address then press Next
- Provide the credentials (Name and Email address)
- In Type Account, select Internet Message Access Protocol or “IMAP” and ensure that you do the following:
- Incoming Message: imap.tools.sky.com
- Incoming port: 993
- Outgoing Message: smtp.tools.sky.com
- Outgoing port: 465
IMAP is a protocol which allows user to access their online mail accounts remotely and allows said email to stay on the server.
- Click Login Information and fill it with your corresponding email and password credentials. Provide an input on the following information in the required field – Login with security: Security Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Select Test Account Options and you are good to go!
Sky Email Settings for iPhone
Before we start our guide for iPhone, you should first know what iOS your iPhone is operating with since different a different iOS has a different guide.
To fully know what IOS your iPhone has, do the following:
- Select Settings application on your smartphone
- After that, press General
- Press About to see the IOS Version your iPhone has
Now that you’ve settled that matter, read on the guide that applies to your corresponding iOS version.
iOS 11 & iOS 12 and Above
Step 1. Access your Settings Application
1. Press Password & Accounts
Under this section, you will see your different email accounts that is logged in your smartphone
2. Press Add Accounts under Accounts Section
You will notice that there is no provider listed under the various online mail providers in this section. Thus, what you’ll need to do is
3. Press Others
Step 2. Add your account on “Others”
- 1. Select Add Mail Account
- You will then be required to enter your credentials such as your first and last name, and your credentials
- 2. Click Next
Step 3. Enter the Server Options
Under IMAP Tab, enter the information on the required fields:
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
- Incoming mail server name – imap: imap.tools.sky.com
- imap port: 995
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Servers
- Outgoing name of the mail server– smtp: smtp.tools.sky.com
- Smtp port: 587
- Security: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Email – Your complete email address
- Password – Your correct and complete passcode
- Requires authentication – Yes
Sky Pop3 Email Settings
For Sky pop3 email settings, enter the following credentials under POP tab:
Incoming Mail (POP) Server
- Incoming mail server name: pop.tools.sky.com
- POP3 Port: 995
- Requires SSL: Yes
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
- Outgoing mail server name: smtp.tools.sky.com
- Port: either 587 or 465
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Requires TLS: Yes (only if applicable)
- Requires authentication: Yes
- Email: Your complete email address
- Password: Your correct and complete passcode
- Requires authentication: Yes
If you have successfully typed in the following information on the required fields then you will be able to see your credentials on the mail application of your iPhone.
Thus, you now know the Sky email settings for iPhone on an iOS 11 and iOS 12.
iOS 9 and iOS 10
If you did not update your iOS to its latest version, then worry not because we got you through this basic step-by-step guide!
- Access your Settings Application on your device
- Select Password & Accounts
- Under Accounts press Add Account and select Yahoo as your email service provider
- Sign with your credentials on the required field (credentials)
Simple right? Now you send and receive electronic messages through your iOS 9 and iOS 10 versions of your iPhone!
iOS 8 and below
Unfortunately, you cannot access your messaging system on iOS 8 version and below.
To be able to use your online mail, then you have to update your operating system since there is no Sky email settings that support said versions of the iPhone.
If you are experiencing any difficulty with accessing your Sky Mail through various devices or the online mail itself is not working at all; then you may use company’s service status.
Here you can check whether the online mail service is experiencing any troubles.
After reaching the end of this article, you now know how to access Sky email settings on various devices!
Further Read: Know more about Sky Fibre Max Speed. Is it any Good?