Wondering why Oculus Quest 2 stuck on pairing screen? Well, keep reading further to know!
Pairing your Oculus Quest 2 with the Quest app provides various benefits, such as getting apps and viewing your friend list without wearing your headset.
However, when the Oculus Quest 2 is not pairing with the app and gets stuck, you may need to troubleshoot your setup to resolve this!
When the Oculus Quest 2 pairing fails/freezes, toggle OFF and ON the Bluetooth feature on your mobile and forget all connections. Then, power cycle your Oculus Quest, shorten the Bluetooth distance proximity, reinstall the Quest app, and factory reset your headset.
Let’s continue to unwrap!
Stuck on Pairing Screen Oculus Quest 2 – Why?
When the Oculus Quest is stuck on the pairing screen, something with the connection between the Bluetooth mobile and your headset is wrong.
So, to solve the problem, you must inspect all factors that might interfere with the connection.
Let’s begin with the most critical aspect…
How to Pair Oculus Quest 2 Correctly?
The first thing to attempt is to pair your Oculus Quest 2 to the Meta Quest application correctly to verify that you’re establishing the connection the right way.
The setup is straightforward, and you will only need your Oculus Quest 2 charged and a mobile device with the Quest app setup.
Important: Verify that your Bluetooth is enabled and Airplane Mode disabled!
Here’s how to pair Oculus Quest 2 to the Quest app correctly:
- First, turn on and equip your Oculus Quest headset.
- Then, press the Oculus button to open the Toolbar.
- Next, select the Quick Launch Menu (WiFi, battery).
- From there, enter “Settings” and navigate to “System.”
- Scroll down, enter “About,” and note the Pairing Code.
- Verify that the Meta Quest app is set up and signed in.
- In the app, navigate to the “Menu” and enter “Devices,”
- Tap on “Pair New Headset” and then select “Quest 2.”
- Select “Continue,” and then enter the Pairing Code.
- Your Oculus Quest 2 will shortly be paired to the phone.
If you’re stuck at the pairing screen, then there is an issue, so continue with the troubleshooting!
How to Fix When Oculus Quest 2 Stuck On Pairing Screen?
Tip: Follow the steps chronologically!
1. Toggle OFF/ON Your *Bluetooth*
The first and easiest step is to restart your mobile’s Bluetooth feature and re-attempt to establish the pairing cleanly.
It would help if you did so on your Android or iOS Quest app mobile, which is equipped with a Bluetooth feature within the settings, so based on your device’s operating system, follow the instructions below…
Here’s how to toggle OFF/ON the Bluetooth on Android and iOS:
- Android – Go to Settings, tap “Connections,” select “Bluetooth,” and press the toggle!
- iOS (Apple) – Go to Settings, tap “Bluetooth,” and press the toggle button to disable.
When the Bluetooth feature is restarted, scroll up and follow the correct steps to pair the Oculus Quest 2 headset to the Quest app.
Unpair Bluetooth Connections!
Another essential thing to inspect is whether your Quest application mobile is currently paired via Bluetooth to another device, such as a speaker.
If so, select the connection and tap “Forget” to disconnect and relieve the Bluetooth feature and its utilization to be available for your Quest.
Tip: To further reset your Quest app mobile’s connection, toggle ON/OFF the Airplane Mode!
2. Power Cycle Your Oculus Quest
The next step is to power cycle your Oculus Quest 2, which is not a simple restart, instead, we aim to discharge the electrical current entirely.
This method will not erase anything from your Oculus Quest 2 but will reset all services, and perhaps, when ready, the device will pair easily!
Here’s how to power cycle your Oculus Quest 2 in easy steps:
- First, verify that the Oculus is not charging.
- Then, locate the power button on the right.
- Press and hold the button for 15 seconds.
- The Oculus Quest 2 will shortly power OFF.
- Wait for 60 seconds with the headset OFF.
- Hold the power button again to turn it ON.
While wearing your headset, hold the power button until the power menu appears and select an option from there.
However, a simple restart doesn’t work as well as a power cycle, so discharge your Quest fully.
Tip: We recommend charging your Oculus Quest sufficiently and re-trying the pairing process by following the correct steps above.
3. Shorten the Bluetooth Proximity
The next step is simple. You must only close the proximity between your Oculus Quest and the Quest application mobile device.
This will guarantee a stronger Bluetooth connection, and the pairing should pass through successfully.
However, if you’re currently stuck on the pairing screen, we recommend closing the proximity between both devices and attempting the pairing again.
To exit a stuck pairing screen, reboot your Oculus Quest 2 and start over by following the pairing instructions earlier in the guide.
Tip: Test pairing by keeping your Oculus Quest and Quest app mobile next to one another!
4. Remove and Install the Quest App!
The Meta Quest application is one of the fundamental bricks in establishing a pairing with the Oculus Quest 2.
Hence, whenever the app data is corrupt, or there are missing files, your Oculus headset might not be able to connect, so the best course of action is app reinstallation.
How to Uninstall the Quest App?
- Find the Quest app icon from the home screen.
- Then, tap and hold the Quest application’s icon.
- On Android, drag the app icon to the Trash Bin.
- On iOS (Apple), press the “Remove App” option.
- Your Meta Quest app will shortly be uninstalled.
How to Reinstall the Quest App?
- On an Android unit, open the Google Play Store.
- On an iOS (Apple) unit, navigate to the App Store.
- From there, use the search to find the “Quest app.”
- On an Android phone, tap on the “Install” button. ‘
- On iOS, tap on the Cloud + Arrow button to begin.
- Wait until the Quest app is installed on your device.
When the Meta Quest app is cleanly installed on your device, sign in to your account and then use the steps from earlier in the guide to pair your device.
If your Oculus Quest 2 still gets stuck on the pairing screen, continue reading the next troubleshooting step…
5. Test on a Different Bluetooth Unit
If the Oculus Quest 2 stuck on pairing screen after factory reset, you must test whether the fault will also happen when using a secondary, Bluetooth-enabled device.
You can use any Android or Apple smartphone or tablet; the only requirement is downloading the Meta Quest application and being able to enable Bluetooth.
When you’re ready, follow the instructions to pair your Oculus Quest to your secondary device to check whether this will work!
Note: If you can pair your Oculus Quest with a secondary Bluetooth device, you must reset the network settings on your previous unit.
6. Factory Reset Your Oculus Quest
If nothing helps and your Oculus Quest 2 is still getting stuck on the pairing screen, it’s time to perform a factory reset to revert all settings to default.
This method will permanently erase all data, games, apps, and recordings from your VR headset, so sync with the cloud for a backup!
Here’s how to factory reset your Oculus Quest in easy steps:
- First, plug your Oculus Quest 2 into a charger.
- Then press and hold the Volume (-) and Power.
- When the menu appears, select “Factory Reset.”
- Info: Use the Volume +/- buttons for navigation.
- Info: Use the Power button to select any option.
When your Oculus Quest 2 starts resetting, there is nothing you can do but wait until you are prompted to set up the VR headset from scratch.
Then, you can set up the VR headset from the start and pair it with the Quest 2 mobile application without any freezes or other problems.
Need More Help?
If you cannot solve your issue by following the solutions in this guide, the next step is to contact Meta Customer Service.
Feel free to report the issue you’ve been experiencing for qualified and professional support. Best of luck!
Hence, whenever Oculus Quest 2 is stuck on the pairing screen, you must power cycle the unit, toggle the Bluetooth feature OFF/ON, and forget any current connections.
If your problem persists, reinstall the Meta Quest app from the mobile and factory reset the Meta headset.
Follow us for more Oculus Quest 2 troubleshooting!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.