NOW TV Stick not working? NOW TV remote not working and frustrated? Are you looking for these solutions?
This can disrupt your on-the-go watching experience and from enjoying your bundles and NOW TV Passes to the fullest.
Fortunately, ruling out the logical ways why your device may not be working can help with your situation. Just be patient because we’re here to help.
As such, we’ve identified the usual NOW TV device problems that the community comes across.
Here are the most common issues that you may encounter while using your NOW TV device and how you can resolve them:
NOW TV Stick Not Working
Streaming is made portable with the platform’s device, but if it is not working, it halts your streaming activity home or away.
Luckily, most issues can be resolved by troubleshooting.
Step 1. Try unplugging your wireless router and the device.
Step 2. After a few minutes, plug your router back in, followed by your stick. If this does the trick, you won’t need to set up your device all over again.
Step 3. Go to the ‘Main Menu’ to use the NOW TV app again.
Step 4. Otherwise, a hard reset may fix the issue by returning your stick to its factory default settings.
NOW TV Stick Not Turning On
The most common reason why a NOW TV Stick does not turn on is because of an incorrect HDMI input source.
If your device is not turning on, here’s what you can do:
Step 1. Plug in the device into your TV’s USB port.
Step 2. If you have the 1-touch feature in the ‘Menu Settings’ enabled, one press either of the Home button, OK button, Back button, or any of the direction buttons on your NOW TV remote.
Step 3. If it is disabled, use the remote of your TV to select the correct HDMI input source.
Step 4. This will automatically switch your television to the correct HDMI input source.
This is included when you purchased your device. It will avoid frequent crashing and instability.
NOW TV Stick Not Connecting to WiFi
Is your device not connected to your WiFi network? This can downgrade your whole streaming experience.
Here’s how you can fix it:
Step 1. Check the status of your connection.
Step 2. Try moving your NOW TV box or your router and find a spot where the connection is stronger. Remove any obstructions between your NOW TV device and your router.
Step 3. Go to the ‘Select wireless network’ screen to check if you’re connected to the correct router.
Or, check if you have inputted the WiFi password correctly.
Step 4. If you have turned off ‘SSID broadcasting’ on your router lately, go to the ‘Select wireless network’ screen and select ‘Add Network’ to add your network.
You can buy an HDMI extender from an electronic retailer to place your Smart device nearer to your router. The device not connecting to Internet will not be a problem anymore.
Apps Not Working on NOW TV Stick
If you’re having a problem using any of the apps on your NOW TV Smart Device, you may need to refresh your NOW TV software, or your apps may need updating.
Follow these steps to update your installed apps and your NOW TV software to its latest versions:
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘System’, and then select ‘System Update’.
- Select ‘Check Now’.
- Press your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order: Home x5, Fast Forward x3, Rewind x2.
- Select ‘Update Software’.
- Press ‘OK’.
Your device will now look for any install any updates, fixing the issue in the process.
NOW TV Remote Not Working
It may indicate that your streaming player requires troubleshooting.
There are two types of available remote controls: Standard IR (Infra-Red) and Smart controller.
Standard IR uses Infra-Red light to communicate with the device.
One of the most common reasons why a standard IR remote is not working is an obstructed signal and batteries low on power.
How to Fix
Here’s what you can do if you are facing issue with your NOW TV Smart-remote:
- Remove the batteries from your controller.
- Remove power cable from the Smart Device. After 5 seconds, reconnect it.
- If the home screen shows on your TV, put the batteries back.
1. Fix The Connection If The Signal Is Weak
- Make sure to keep the connection robust between your remote control and your NOW TV box.
- Keep massive obstructions away from your streaming player, such as thick cement walls.
- Try turning your router’s security off as this may sometimes affect the signal of your controller’s connection.
Unplug Your NOW TV Device To Refresh
- Unplug both your NOW TV box and wireless router.
- Wait for around a minute or two before plugging your router back in.
- Plug in your streaming player.
- Go to the main menu and try the NOW TV app.
3. Restart Your Smart Stick And Remote
Restart your NOW TV stick and remote. Wait 30 seconds for the connection to re-establish.
4. Re-Pair The Remote
- Press and hold the pairing button for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light begin to flash. Try again if the light does not flash.
- Wait 30 seconds for the connection to re-establish.
- If the light fails to flash, you’ll need to replace your batteries.
5. Replace The Batteries
- Do the first two steps, but instead of putting back the batteries, insert new ones.
- Wait 30 seconds for the connection to re-establish.
- The remote pairing dialogue will appear on your TV screen.
NOW TV Remote Volume Not Working
Faulty volume buttons could be quite a frustration while watching TV.
If your streaming player is unresponsive with controlling the volume using your controller, a low battery power might be the cause.
Consider replacing the batteries first.
However, if that is not the case, you may want to try re-pairing the remote control to ensure a stable connection between your streaming player and your controller.
Consequently, you may try unplugging your device to refresh its settings.
The Steps in Re-pairing are:
Step 1. Remove the batteries from the battery compartment of your controller.
Step 2. Unplug the power cable of your streaming player carefully.
Step 3. Wait for at least five seconds before plugging it back in.
Step 4. Place the batteries back in the remote when you see the home screen on your TV.
Step 5. Look for the pairing button in the battery compartment.
Step 6. Press the pairing button down inside the battery compartment and hold for at least 3 seconds.
Step 7. A pairing light from the controller will begin to flash green if the re-pairing is successful.
Step 8. If there is no green light, you may consider replacing the batteries of your remote control.
Step 9. If there is a green pairing light, wait for at least 30 seconds to establish the connection between your NOW TV Box and your controller.
NOW TV Power Button Not Working
The power button is one of the essential buttons of any remote control.
If your power button is faulty or it merely does not work, you may want to consider the following methods as stated before:
- Replace the batteries.
- Make sure to remove and re-insert the batteries first on your controller before replacing them.
- Unplug your NOW TV box.
- Re-pair your controller with your streaming player.
However, if it still does not work, you may want to perform a factory reset to restore your remote control’s factory settings and your streaming equipment
How to Reset NOW TV Stick
Keep checking if your NOW device issue is fixed after accomplishing the steps above. If it is, then you won’t need to go any further.
But if you have tried all the earlier troubleshooting steps and your Smart Stick still isn’t working, performing a hard reset to your device to return it to its default factory setting may do the trick.
Follow the simple steps below on how to reset the device:
- Using the NOW TV remote, proceed to ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘System’.
- Select ‘Advanced system settings’.
- Select ‘Factory reset’ on the screen.
- You will see a 4-digit code below the onscreen keypad. Enter the code to proceed.
This will remove all your accounts in the TV device and return your device to its original factory settings.
To physically reset your NOW TV Smart Stick, here’s how you can do it:
- Find the reset button on the side of your NOW TV Stick.
- Press the button once if you just want to restart your device.
- If you want to factory reset your TV device, press and hold the button down for about 6 seconds.
If this doesn’t work, you may try calling NOW TV’s customer support and hotline at 0800500212, or you may email them at email@example.com to inform them of your concern.
How to Reset NOW TV Remote?
If there is still no luck in troubleshooting your NOW TV box or controller given the methods above, one of the things you may want to consider is resetting your streaming player.
With this, the device will return to its default factory settings.
Users should perform a factory reset for security reasons if they consider selling the device or just passing it on.
Remember, you would be required to set up your device after doing a factory reset.
You may do so by following the on-screen instructions while resetting.
To Reset using the Settings menu
- Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset
- Enter the code using the on-screen keypad.
To reset using the NOW TV box
To reset by using the box, you need to follow these steps:
- Look for the RESET button on your device.
- Using a pin, or a small blunt object, press into the RESET hole.
- Hold the button down for 30 seconds.
How to Pair NOW TV Remote to Stick
Is your NOW TV stick not pairing? The remote for your Smart Stick is an enhanced ‘point-anywhere’ remote control, so you don’t need to point it directly at the device to use it.
Unlike the standard infrared remote, it connects over your wireless network.
When you set up your Smart Stick, you will need to pair your NOW TV remote to your Stick to establish the connection.
Here’s an easy-to-follow guide on how to pair NOW TV remote to stick for you:
- At the back of your remote control, open the battery compartment and insert 2 AAA batteries, as shown in the picture.
- After that, your remote should now pair automatically with your Smart Stick, and you can start using it.
If it doesn’t, here’s what you can do:
- Move and use the remote near your Smart Stick to avoid any disruptions in your WiFi network.
- Press and hold down the pairing button below the battery compartment for 3 seconds.
- This screen will show up when your remote start pairing with your Smart Stick:
- When the pairing button lights up in green, this means your remote has been connected.
- If you’re having trouble pairing your remote, try switching or changing the batteries.
We hope you have gained enough information on how to fix NOW TV stick not working. If the fix methods do not work, then you can reset your TV stick and repair it again.
Keen writer & love to explore the New in Technology. Always ready to share news and events related to Tech and Internet world. He’s been featured on Xtrium, Startup TV, State of Digital Publishing and Growmap. He has more than 8 years of Tech Journalism.