Are you experiencing the Motorola baby monitor beeping no signal issue? We will help!
If you are encountering issues with the Motorola baby monitoring equipment, the issue could be related to improper positioning of the camera unit or a discharged battery.
This guide will provide you with top-notch troubleshooting solutions to restore the proper signal of the Motorola monitor.
Whenever the Motorola baby monitor keeps losing the signal, position the camera closer to the parental unit and power cycle the monitor. Next, complete the programming of the Motorola equipment again and factory reset the parental monitor.
Let’s investigate the reason for the lost signal of the baby monitor!
Why Does the Motorola Baby Monitor Keeps Losing Signal?
The Motorola baby-monitoring installation consists of both a parental baby monitor and the Motorola camera that monitors the baby’s activity during the day and overnight.
The reason for the consistent beeping of the Motorola monitor is a lost connection with the baby camera unit.
Let’s review all of the possible causes for the lost signal of the Motorola monitor:
How to Connect Motorola Monitor to Camera?
If the “no signal” message occurs for the first time on the Motorola monitor, reconnecting your viewing unit to the camera should resolve the beeping.
The first step is placing the baby monitor next to the Motorola camera and following the programming instructions.
Here’s how to pair the Motorola monitor to the baby camera in easy steps:
- Press the “Menu” button on the top-right part of the monitor.
- Keep pressing the “Left” arrow until the camera icon is picked.
- Press the “Up” arrow to select the “Add” option from the menu.
- Press “OK” and follow the monitor’s programming instructions.
The programming setup will fail when the monitor doesn’t detect a powered Motorola camera in close proximity.
You must verify that both the monitor and the camera are in a 2-3 meter radius from one another before pressing the “Add Camera” button in the monitor’s menu.
Note: If the setup is successful, the video broadcast of the camera will be restored!
Motorola Baby Monitor Beeping No Signal – Fixed!
Tip: Follow our instructions in a consecutive order!
1. Reboot the Baby Monitor!
To address non-lasting system issues with the Motorola monitor, it is advised to reboot the system.
Since the monitor doesn’t have to be connected to a power source consistently, a “Power 0” button switches off the monitor’s system and unpairs it from the camera.
- To power off the Motorola baby monitor, locate and press the “Power 0” button for 5 seconds until the unit display turns off.
After 10 seconds, press “Power 0” again!
Remember that powering off the monitor and turning it on again will disconnect the device from the camera, hence, you must complete the pairing process all over again.
Tip: Connect the Motorola monitor to a charging cable while rebooting the system!
2. Recharge the Baby Monitor!
Unlike the Motorola baby camera, the monitor doesn’t have to be plugged since the unit runs on rechargeable batteries.
Hence, not recharging the monitor’s battery could result in problems with the signal, and eventually, the monitor will power off until the battery is charged.
- To recharge the Motorola baby monitor, locate the power port on the side and install a standard USB cable into a power adapter.
Plug the power adapter with an electrical outlet and connect the micro-USB end to the Motorola baby monitor.
If the monitor is running low on battery, a red light may start blinking at the top, indicating an insufficient power supply.
If the red light blinks too long, the baby monitor will power off and lose connection with the baby camera.
Tip: It is advised to leave the Motorola baby monitor plugged in at all times!
3. Reposition the Motorola Camera!
The positioning of the camera is the most significant factor in sustaining proper connectivity between the Motorola monitor and the camera.
If you’ve completed the programming of the Motorola unit twice but are still losing signal, it’s likely that the camera has been poorly positioned.
- Position the Motorola camera in a 10-15 meter radius from the parental unit!
Even if the devices are placed across one or two sets of walls, this wouldn’t typically reduce the effectiveness of the signal.
However, verify that the camera or the monitor isn’t positioned within an enclosed compartment or surrounded by objects or large furniture.
Tip: Connect the Motorola camera to an alternative power outlet to check the A/C supply!
4. Check for Wireless Interference!
The Motorola camera and monitor use wireless technology to communicate with each other, and any device transmitting the same type of signal can cause a conflict.
Hence, the next step is to uncover an underlying signal interference caused by a third-party device.
The following devices could cause a conflict:
- A wireless transmitter device.
- A WiFi router or a modem unit.
- A wireless Bluetooth device.
Note: A conflicting device is typically located within the “signal corridor” of the Motorola devices!
5. Reinstall the Motorola Mobile App!
The “Hubble Connected for Motorola” application is another advanced way to monitor your baby 24/7.
However, a functionality issue with the platform may prevent the Motorola monitor from properly connecting with the camera and cause the device to beep.
Motorola mobile app also provides remote viewing of the baby camera!
How to Reinstall the Motorola App on Android?
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Scroll down to “Applications” and access the tab.
- Locate the “Hubble Connected for Motorola” app.
- Highlight the app and choose the “Uninstall” option.
- Access the Google Play store and download the app.
How to Reinstall the Motorola App on Apple iOS?
- Locate the app on the home screen of your iPhone/iPad.
- Next, press and hold the app and tap “Remove this app.”
- Once the app is uninstalled, open the App Store platform.
- Use the search field to locate the Motorola application.
- Download the app and sign in to your Motorola account.
Tip: Enable “Automatic Updates” for the Motorola application after installing it!
6. Factory Reset the Motorola Monitor/Camera!
To address issues with the Motorola monitor and camera effectively, it is advised to perform a factory reset on both of the devices.
This type of system reset will erase all configurations done to the equipment and restore the default settings.
The camera and monitor are reset identically, but the reset button’s location differs!
How to Factory Reset Motorola Parental Monitor?
- Locate the reset pinhole on the back panel of the monitor.
- Next, Insert a pin or a paperclip into the reset button hole.
- Press and hold the internal reset button for 10-15 seconds.
- Stop holding the reset button once the monitor’s LED blinks.
How to Factory Reset Motorola Baby Camera?
- Locate the reset button underneath the “eye” of your camera.
- Insert a pin or a paperclip into the pinhole and press the button.
- Press and hold the reset button inside of the pinhole and hold it.
- Finally, release the reset button and wait until the camera resets.
Alert: After the reset, you must complete the pairing of the monitor and camera again!
7. Discard the Old Battery of the Monitor!
Constant use of the parental unit could lead to wear and tear, resulting in damaged equipment and ineffective battery.
Since the Motorola monitor uses a rechargeable battery unit, replacing it is possible, and the costs for a replacement battery aren’t that expensive either!
The Motorola monitor uses a standard 3.6V 900mAh Ni-MH rechargeable battery!
Once you have the replacement battery, follow these steps to discard the old one:
- Locate the screws on the back panel of the Motorola monitor.
- Undo all of the screws on the back and remove the back panel.
- Next, unplug the rechargeable battery from the motherboard.
- Take out the old Motorola battery from the monitor’s internal slot.
- Position the new rechargeable battery pack into the monitor’ slot.
- Connect the new battery to the power port on the motherboard.
Once the new battery is connected, press the “Power 0” button to turn on the monitor and follow the instructions above to complete the pairing process with the Motorola camera.
After the setup is complete, try to determine if the monitor is still blinking or displaying a particular color code.
Notice: If the monitor is still beeping or signifying an issue, contact Motorola Support!
Whenever the Motorola baby monitor is beeping no signal, power cycle the system of the Motorola monitor and then reset the baby camera as well.
If the issue still exists, identify wireless interference conflicts and perform a factory reset on the monitor and camera!
Follow us for more Motorola baby monitor guides!
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.