How to factory reset Firestick has become one of the most frequently asked questions all over the internet.
The Firestick is Amazon’s affordable and accessible solution to give you access to several of the biggest blockbusters and most awaited shows on your television screen.
But its limited storage capacity can significantly affect its performance and your streaming experience.
So if you are here because of this nightmare, we got your back covered.
Let us look into the possible methods you can do to bring your Firestick back to its default factory settings.
When To Hard Reset Firestick
Performing a factory reset on your Firestick will unlink it from your Amazon account.
Because of this, you would need to set up your device again to your WiFi network. But aside from this, your Firestick will also look as good as new.
Since resetting your device will return it to its default factory settings, you should only perform a hard reset if you experience any of the following issues:
- Firestick keeps rebooting
- A black screen
- Freezing applications
- Laggy programs
- Random applications opening
How To Factory Reset Firestick
Like any other streaming device, your Firestick is prone to several malfunctions.
But before you decide to purchase a piece of new streaming equipment, you can try any of the methods below to allow your Amazon Fire Stick reset itself.
Do not worry because these are easy and straightforward techniques that can do their charm in no time.
Factory Reset with Remote
There are various techniques you can do to perform a factory reset on your device.
The most convenient way is by using your remote control. So, if you have your remote with you, follow the guided steps below.
Method 1 – Using The Settings Menu
Step #1. Connect your Firestick to your television and wait for a few seconds for it to finish loading.
Step #2. Once your device is running, access the Settings menu located at the top of your screen.
Step #3. Look for the My Fire TV option on the right side of the menu and click on it.
Step #4. Once the menu appears, scroll down and select the Reset to Factory Defaults option. Make sure to enter your PIN code to proceed.
Step #5. Choose the Reset button and wait for about five to eight minutes for the entire process to finish.
Once your device has finished resetting, you would need to set it up again.
Make sure to enter the correct WiFi details and other essential log-in usernames and passwords to prevent error notifications from popping on your screen.
Method 2 – Pressing Buttons
If your television screen suddenly freezes, you may not have access to the Settings menu.
When this situation occurs, you can still bring your device back to its default factory settings using your remote control. You only need to follow these steps:
- Press both the right and back buttons of your remote control simultaneously for around ten seconds.
- Otherwise, you can also press both the play and select buttons to perform a soft reset.
- Afterward, follow the instructions seen on your television screen to reset your device.
Factory Reset Firestick Without Pin
Resetting your Firestick through the Settings menu will prompt you to enter your PIN.
But what steps can you do if you have forgotten this essential piece of information?
Method 1 – Requesting For A New PIN
- Go to the official Amazon website and sign in to your account.
- Access the Settings menu and choose the Parental Controls option.
- From here, click on the Change button beside your PIN.
Photo by Support
- Enter a new password and press Save. Make sure that you have applied this change to your Firestick.
- Wait for a few minutes before you can proceed with resetting your device.
Read Next: How to Setup Firestick Without Remote?
Method 2 – Pressing Buttons
If you want to avoid opening your Amazon account, you can also use your remote to bypass the PIN requirement when resetting your device.
Just press both the right and back buttons for at least ten seconds. However, this technique only works on some versions of the Firestick.
Factory Reset Without Remote
If you have a malfunctioning remote control, you can still perform a factory reset on your device by following these guided methods:
Method 1 – Downloading The Fire TV App
- Download the Fire TV application on your Android or iOS device.
- Once installed, connect it to the same WiFi network and launch the application.
- Enter your four-digit PIN and navigate the Settings menu.
- Afterward, choose System and click on the Reset To Factory Defaults option.
Photo byGoogle Play Store
Method 2 – Using Another Remote Control
If you know someone with a Fire TV remote control, you can borrow it and use it to reset your streaming device.
Just pair it with your Firestick by pressing the Home button for about twenty seconds, and you are good to go.
But if your television has the HDMI-CEC setting, you can use your very own remote control to access your downloads and applications on your screen.
However, this option is only available to more advanced TVs.
Factory Reset Firestick With Computer
If you ever catch yourself in a place where you only have access to your computer, you can still reset your Firestick.
Compared to the methods we discussed above; this technique is not that simple.
- Step 1. Download the BlueStacks Android emulator on your desktop or laptop.
- Step 2. Once installed, open the application on your device. You need to wait for a couple of minutes to complete this process.
- Step 3. Go to Google Play Store and download the Fire remote application.
- Step 4. Afterward, launch the Fire remote application on your computer, and navigate the Settings menu.
- Step 5. Choose System and click on the Reset To Factory Defaults option.
- AVOID HASSLE - eliminates the need to find an AC...
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY - includes special power...
- DECLUTTER YOUR TV AREA - ideal length for...
- UNIVERSAL - compatible with all powered USB ports....
Streaming Has Never Been This Easy
Amazon’s one-stop solution to give its customers access to thousands of programs is its Firestick.
But loading it with too many applications and downloads can result in a significant performance drop.
Hopefully, this guide was able to teach you how to factory reset Firestick to get the best streaming experience at your home’s comfort.
Kevin has over five years of experience working in various Tech startups and providing Technical solutions. He has contributed to many Tech publications and websites.
Amazon Links : Last update on 2023-01-28 / Price & Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. You will be redirected to Amazon website to complete the checkout process.