You want to learn how to cast SoundCloud to Roku so that you can listen to your favorite songs through the streaming device.
Also called YouTube for music, the open audio platform has over 200 million tracks, including works from professional and unsigned artists.
You can play SoundCloud on your Roku using Musiclouds. Add the app to your streaming channels and open the SoundCloud application in the My Channels section to play your favorite track.
Another way to use SoundCloud on your Roku device is through screen mirroring. Simply connect it to the HDMI port of your TV and choose the screen mirroring option.
Enable cast and select your device from the list. Install SoundCloud to start playing songs, which will be mirrored to your Roku.
The above are two different ways to cast SoundCloud to your Roku, but they both let you enjoy listening to your favorite songs.
Can You Cast SoundCloud to Roku?
Yes, you can play SoundCloud tracks on your Roku device. There are two ways to cast the app: Musiclouds and screen mirroring.
The Musicloud app allows you to stream all the SoundCloud tracks by adding the channel to your TV screen.
On the other hand, screen mirroring lets you cast the platform to your Roku device by simply connecting both to the same network.
SoundCloud is free to use. You don’t need to pay subscription fees to access it on your Roku device. Simply follow the following steps to cast SoundCloud to your Roku.
To get SoundCloud to your Roku, you can download the Musiclouds from the Roku Channel Store or download Soundcloud to your device for screen mirroring.
If you are using an Android or Apple device, you can easily download and install the Soundcloud app.
Simply type in SoundCloud on the Play Store or App Store and pick the top result.
- Click Install and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once done, you can open the app.
If you are using a desktop player, go to soundcloud.com on your Chrome, Brave, or Edge browser to get the SoundCloud app.
Next follow these steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Look for the Install icon and click it.
- Open the desktop player from your apps folder.
- Right-click the SoundCloud icon and click Add to dock or taskbar.
Now that you have already downloaded and installed SoundCloud to your device, you can cast it to your Roku.
How to Cast SoundCloud to Roku TV
How to cast SoundCloud to Roku TV is easy. Thanks to Musicloud and screen mirroring, you can enjoy uninterrupted listening at home and work.
Solution #1: Cast SoundCloud on Roku using Musiclouds
Access SoundCloud on Roku via Musiclouds. The Musiclouds app is officially present on the Roku Channel Store. All you have to do is download it.
- Connect your Roku device to your smart TV.
- Press the Home button on the remote and get to the Homepage.
- Navigate to Streaming Channels and tap Search on the left-side menu.
- Search for Musicloud, tap the app, and click Add Channel.
- Once the installation is over, hit OK.
Launch the Musiclouds and head over to My Channels. Pick the SoundCloud icon to start playing your favorite songs.
Note: Roku does not have an official SoundCloud app on the channel store. You need to use Musiclouds to play music and podcasts from the audio platform.
Solution #2: Cast SoundCloud on Roku using AirPlay
With AirPlay, you can cast SoundCloud to your Roku device. But before you do that, make sure that your iOS device and Roku are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Launch the Roku device and select Settings from the menu.
- Choose Airplay and HomeKit from the list.
- Click Airplay to turn it on and select Require Code.
- Select First Time Only.
Note: If you want to mirror your SoundCloud screen to your Roku, make sure your Roku device is up to date with its software version.
Next follow these steps:
- Make sure your device is compatible with Airplay.
- Play any track on SoundCloud.
- Swipe up to open the Control Center.
- Click and hold down the audio card where you can see your track playing.
- Click on Airplay and tap the device that you’d like to connect to.
Note: Not all Roku models support Airplay. To make sure you can stream audio, video, photos, and device screens between devices check what Roku models support Airplay.
Only the following models have screen mirroring features, and they are produced from 2017 and beyond.
- Roku Express – All Roku Express models from 3900 and up support screen mirroring.
- Roku Express+ – All Roku Express models from 3910 and above support screen mirroring. However, the 3910 model supports screen mirroring via HDMI output only.
Solution #3: Cast SoundCloud on Roku Using Android
If you have an Android device, you can cast SoundCloud to your Roku to listen to your favorite tracks.
But, first, make sure your Roku model supports screen mirroring. You also need to make sure your Android OS supports mirroring because not all versions do.
Here are the steps to enable screen mirroring on Roku using Android:
- Install the SoundCloud app from the Play Store.
- Connect your phone and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the Notification Panel on the upper side of the screen.
- Click Cast and select your Roku device.
- Start playing your favorite music and podcasts, and you will see them on your Roku device.
Note: Screen mirroring options can vary between smartphone manufacturers.
However, to activate it, the general way to do it is similar. There may be some minor details that can change up a bit.
Solution #4: Cast SoundCloud on Roku Using PC
SoundCloud supports the most popular web browsers. You can launch it straight from your desktop.
- Open Google Chrome on your browser.
- Visit SoundCloud’s official website and log in to your account.
- Right-click on your screen and select Cast.
- Select your Roku device from the Cast Tab.
- Start streaming your favorite songs on your Roku connected device.
Note: Roku lets you choose to adjust what happens when someone tries to mirror your screen.
You can set permissions always to allow screen mirroring, never allow screen mirroring or ask if you want to use screen mirroring.
SoundCloud is not directly available on the Roku Channel Store. To start playing music and podcasts, you need to take another route.
But, before you do, make sure that your Android, Apple, and Windows devices are on the same network as your Roku device.
Read Next: Why Do I Have To Keep Activating Roku Apps?
Thus, if you want to play SoundCloud on your Roku device, download and install Musiclouds from the Roku Channel Store. When done, you will be able to find the SoundCloud app on My Channels. Then, you can start listening to your favorite songs and podcasts.
We believe that if you are worried how to cast SoundCloud to Roku, this blog will help you prepare for the installation.
You can find information on what Roku devices support screen mirroring and how to start streaming your songs.
In you do not want to use Musiclouds to cast SoundCloud on Roku, you can try the alternative way, which is screen mirroring.
If you find this blog helpful but have other issues with another Roku setup, our blog can help you find the solution.
Finn Wheatley holds a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from UCL, London. He helped small data science consultancy firms, helping large corporations to grow their data capabilities, deploy advanced machine learning-based analytics and troubleshoot tech-related issues. Check out more about him here.