If you’re wondering why the Bauhn TV remote not working, keep reading further in this guide!
The reason why your Bauhn TV remote isn’t working properly could be due to issues with the battery with the remote or false TV programming.
This short guide will help you identify the underlying fault with the TV remote control and restore the functionality in a matter of minutes.
If your Bauhn TV remote control isn’t working, perform a full power circulation, check the line of sight with the TV, and remove any obstructions. Next, clean the TV or remote’s sensors and factory reset the remote.
There’s much more to discuss, so let’s begin!
Why is My Bauhn TV Remote Control Not Working?
Bauhn TV remotes can malfunction due to several factors, the most important of which are exhausted batteries and communication issues.
Knowing the current condition of the Bauhn TV remote will enable you to troubleshoot the unit more knowingly and apply the solutions much more quickly.
Here are all the potential causes why the Bauhn TV remote isn’t working:
Universal Bauhn TV remote controls are designed to automatically pair with a compatible receiver within the IR’s range if it remains for more than 5 seconds.
If the remote’s IR lamp remains blocked for longer than usual, this could cause the TV remote to lose programming.
After discovering all the potential causes for the Bauhn TV remote’s malfunction, keep reading!
Bauhn TV Remote Not Working – Quick Solutions
Tip: Follow the solutions below in their consecutive order!
1. Power Cycle the Remote
Removing the batteries from the Bauhn TV remote control’s compartment will cause all the electricity to vacate from the hardware, resulting in total power circulation.
This is an effective solution against exhausted batteries or improper TV remote Bluetooth or IR signal distribution.
Here’s how to perform a power circulation on your Bauhn TV remote:
- Remove the battery compartment panel on the back of the remote.
- Next, eject the batteries and reinsert them into the opposite position.
- Wait for about 60 seconds while the batteries are inserted oppositely.
- Detach the batteries and reinstall both of the units with proper polarity.
- Place the compartment panel and test if the remote successfully pairs.
The power cycle will discharge the electricity supplied by the batteries from the integrated inside the remote’s circuit board and recharge them.
While your batteries are insured oppositely, the Bauhn TV remote control will not be usable.
Bonus Tip: Insert New Batteries!
If the remote still fails to communicate with the TV or receiver after reinserting the batteries, place a brand pair of triple-A batteries into the remote’s compartment.
The batteries used by the Bauhn remote must be brand new and at full capacity to effectively recharge the hardware.
Note: Verify that the new batteries are correctly inserted!
2. Re-Program the Remote (Bluetooth Remote)
Unlike Bauhn IR remote controls, you must complete a programming procedure to use your Bluetooth-powered Bauhn remote.
The setup will add the remote control as an accessory under “Remote & Accessories” and is only available for Bauhn smart TV devices.
Here’s how to program a Bauhn Bluetooth remote:
- Inspect the remote’s batteries and point it towards the TV.
- Hold the “MENU” and “LEFT” buttons on the Bauhn remote.
- Press the “OK” button to initiate the Wi-Fi frequency pairing.
- Wait ∿30 seconds and determine if the remote will connect.
In case the Bauhn remote does not program with your TV after 30 seconds, repeat the steps and verify there’s a direct line of sight with the TV.
Interference can sometimes impact radio frequency if nearby metallic objects or other wireless devices are on different wavelengths.
Tip: You can check if the remote is added at “Settings” → “Remotes & Accessories.”
3. Hard Reset the TV or Receiver
Hardware malfunction of the Infrared receiver inside the TV could be resolved by performing a power cycle on your Bauhn TV via the power cord.
The power circulation will drain and recharge the electrical current from the receiver, giving it a fresh start.
In most cases, that’s the best approach.
Here’s how to perform a power circulation on your Bauhn TV:
- Locate the A/C cable on the back panel of the TV.
- After that, unplug the power cord from the device.
- Wait for 1–3 minutes before replugging the cable.
- Next, plug back the power cord into the TV securely.
- Finally, power on the TV and pair it with the remote.
While your TV or receiver is unplugged, inspect the physical condition of the power adapter cable and all components that deliver electricity to the device.
The colour of the standby LED indicates whether your TV or receiver is receiving power and typically stays in a solid red colour.
Note: Inspect the power cable if the “ON/Standby” indicator doesn’t light on!
4. Correct the Equipment’s Position (IR Remote)
The IR signal is very demanding when it comes to positioning the equipment, as there must always be a direct line of sight with the TV.
Unlike Bluetooth remote controls that use radio frequency identical to Wi-Fi, the blaster of an IR remote launches a straight, forward beam.
The IR beam can either reach the TV’s “eye” directly or ricoche off a metallic surface and still establish contact with the TV.
The reduced effectiveness of the Bauhn TV remote control’s batteries, both Bluetooth and IR, can significantly degrade the quality of the transmitted signal.
How to Correct Equipment Positioning?
When attempting to use your IR-powered Bauhn TV remote control, ensure the TV or receiver is within a 5-metre range of the remote’s frontal IR blaster.
Any further than 5 metres and the IR beam produced by the remote control might fade away and fail to reach your television/receiver.
Note: Verify there are no solid obstructions between the remote control and the TV!
5. Force Update the TV’s Firmware (Bauhn TV)
If you’re using a Bauhn TV, you can force an update to the system firmware if a software failure prevents you from using the remote control.
All you need is an external flash drive, and computer or laptop to upload the firmware and a functional 2.0 USB port on your Bauhn TV.
Here’s how to update the Firmware of the TV through a USB flash drive:
- Grab an empty USB flash drive and plug it into a computer.
- Use your television serial number to identify the TV model.
- Visit the Bauhn Support Centre to insert the serial number.
- The newest version of the firmware of the TV should appear.
- Download it and place it on the USB flash drive on the PC.
- Unplug the USB drive from the PC and plug it into your TV.
- Use the physical TV buttons to navigate the TV’s interface.
If you’re using the Bauhn remote as universal, check the user manual to determine how to update your TV or receiver’s firmware externally.
In most cases, you would have to visit the manufacturer’s website and access the firmware and driver’s page to download the update.
Quick Tip: Use the TV’s “CH - /+” and “VOL - / +” buttons to navigate through the menu!
6. Replace the Bauhn Remote Control
In case of a more severe defect of the remote’s hardware, purchasing a replacement Bluetooth or IR Bauhn remote compatible with your TV is strongly recommended.
You could even attempt to use the remote control with a TV or receiver that does not support Bauhn remotes, so checking the device’s compatibility is essential.
Where Can I Find Remote Replacement?
Remotes can be fragile and quickly cease functionality, but Bauhn offers proper replacement units for all users’ needs.
You can perform a customised remote search using your remote unit’s serial number.
- If you wish to use the remote as universal, purchase an IR Bauhn TV remote.
- If you wish to use the remote with Bauhn TV, purchase a Bluetooth TV remote.
Note: If using a Bluetooth replacement remote, check the exact manual’s pairing instructions!
To fix when the Bauhn TV remote not working, correct the TV’s positioning, replace the remote’s batteries and inspect the TV’s line of sight.
If the issue persists, force update your Bauhn TV’s firmware or get a new remote.
Follow us for more valuable tips!